Monday, January 23, 2012

Cats Week


Tot School
R is 33 months old.


Well, I had nothing planned for ‘school’ this week, so I asked R what he wanted to learn about. His random answer was ‘cats’. All I had to do was print the Cats Preschool Pack from 1+1+1=1 and I was done!
495
This was the activity of the week. I wasn’t expecting R to enjoy this, but he did. Over the week, R completed it several times. He particularly enjoyed rolling the dice and quickly got the hang of the graphing side of it. This was the first time we have done this type of activity, and will definitely be including graphing in the future.
498 This was another favourite. R has struggled with pegs in the past, but after a bit of practice, he was clipping easily.
                517   500
518
Tracing with whiteboard markers is always popular in our house. R needs reminding to slow down when doing this type of work.
501
Patterning work is something that we are just beginning to explore, so R needs a bit of support with this.
502
Books are much-loved in our house, so any activity involving them is magic. I made the little book and laminated the colour cards, so we can reuse this in the future.
514
R loves sorting activities and this was no exception. I think next time we do this type of activity I will use this as a cut and paste activity. I laminated it and R quickly completed it and moved on. 515
R amazed me with the puzzle. He has really been into puzzles recently, so he was able to complete this much more easily than I expected.
P1050969
We also did a cat craft. This idea came from First School. R painted with a sponge and I then cut out the pieces with my scrapbooking tools before R glued them back together.
All in all, it was a pretty low-key week.
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. What a great use of Carisa's resources. Keep up the good work momma!

    ReplyDelete