Monday, May 2, 2011

It's Been A While

It's been a while since my last post, but we have welcomed a new baby boy into our home. He arrived 4 days late, but very quickly. We also celebrated R's 2nd birthday!

I have been planning a new program for R now that he has turned 2. I had been searching for something which introduced the basics of the alphabet as well as themes which he is interested in. I have written a few programs, but found some of the activities I had planned a bit too old/advanced for R. Then I found some wonderful printables over at 1+1+1=1. These were perfect for what I was after. Thank you Carisa for sharing! I have used these and some other wonderful ideas out there to create (or am in the process of compiling) a weekly program for each letter. I have planned the whole year, and will do a program centering around a letter of the alphabet and a shape or colour. Every second week I will be doing a theme program. We have already done the Aa/Red program and then an Easter program. This week we are working on Bb/Blue. I will be posting about the 2 completed programs soon. So far it is going well, and in between breastfeeding, visitors and all the other things happening, we have managed to get some 'school stuff' done.

No comments:

Post a Comment